If you change your mind and decide you no longer want an item that we’ve delivered, we’re happy to offer you an exchange or your money back. You’ll need to return your item unused and in their original packaging along with the original packing note and invoice (as proof of purchase).
Ways to return your items
If you need to return an item we’ll happily offer a refund as long as this is within 31 days of delivery, in its original packaging and you have proof of purchase.
There are two easy ways to return your item(s):
- by post
For exchanges or to return an item collected in store, please visit our store.
You can return an item for free at any of our stores, but if you choose to return by post you’ll need to cover the cost of postage. However, if the item you’re returning is faulty we’ll refund the postage once we’ve received the item and checked the fault.
- You can return any item for free at any of our stores, along with your proof of purchase to the store (if your items were delivered you’ll have received a proof of purchase email).
- The store will happily refund your payment onto the card you paid with or offer an exchange.
- It’s at the store managers’ discretion whether to accept a return if you don’t have proof of purchase.
- To return an item by post you’ll need to request a returns form via firstname.lastname@example.org .
- All the information you need to fill in the returns form can be found in your invoice.
- Please try to use the original packaging when sending your items back and make sure it’s securely packaged; Mapes of Millport cannot be held responsible for any damage during posting.
- Attach the return address label included with your delivery.
- Make sure you take your parcel to your local Post Office in enough time for it to get to us within 28 days of you receiving your order.
- Please note returns made by post are at the customers’ own expense.
- We recommend using a trackable service and getting proof of postage.
- Please keep your proof of postage until we’ve confirmed your refund has been processed.
- If an item’s faulty it’s best to return it to a store, as this is the quickest way to receive your refund.
- If you’re unable to return a faulty item to our shop please contact us.
Faulty items will be examined either by ourselves or the manufacturer. Where applicable a refund will be sent to your account within 30 days.
Consumer protection legislation says that items must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. If you buy a product online and it’s found to be faulty within 30 days, you’re entitled to ask for a full refund of the faulty product. If a fault occurs after the initial 30 days, we’re entitled to repair and/or replace that item. Please note for some products repairs will have to be carried out by the manufacturer. If it can’t be repaired or replaced, then you may be entitled to a refund. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Please note, personalised products and made-to-order products cannot be returned unless faulty.
If your LEGO set is missing pieces, please contact LEGO directly and they will send you the missing piece(s) as soon as possible.
Make sure you have the part number, design number (on the side of the box) and the name of the set ready and you will be sent the missing part(s) as promptly as possible.